With close to a thousand students and one art teacher, Carnell's capacity for the arts is extremely limited. We are looking for volunteers to help expand our arts program through classroom management and project assistance!
Purpose: Classroom will be more easily managed allowing for student education to be enriched with higher quality and more varied arts programming.
Results of Service: With your help, we can create safer, more manageable classrooms that will lead to students learning higher level creativity, critical thinking, and self empowerment.
- Work as a classroom assistant helping to dispense materials, mentor children, help with art projects, etc.
- Help to exhibit rotating art shows throughout the school to increase student pride and arts legitimacy within school culture.
- Help lead the creation and completion of indoor murals.
- Help facilitate art club after school in the spring.
- Potential outside programs such as ASAP for Drama or the Claymobile are expected to partner with the school.
- Opportunities to be creative and lead your own workshop! Past volunteers have run an origami workshop and we are always excited for new ideas.
Supervision: Orientation and clearances to be handled by Caleb Fortwangler, Community Partnerships Coordinator. Training and mentoring provided by Carnell's art teacher, Ms. Schulz.
Benefits: Volunteers will have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of nearly one thousand students. While on the job, volunteers will receive valuable training from our art teacher and experience working with children. Looks great on a resume and volunteers will be provided with a good reference upon request.
We have very flexible schedules at Carnell, please reach out! We look forward to working with you and thank you for taking an interest in our school.
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least three hours per week
- Must be 18 years of age and be able to pass background and child abuse clearances.