The Trevor Project is dedicated to recruiting qualified volunteers to provide life-saving, life-affirming support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. Our volunteers accomplish societal and individual change by creating safe spaces for LGBTQ youth in crisis and promoting awareness of Trevor’s resources.
Trevor Lifeline volunteers are trained to answer calls on the Trevor Lifeline from young people who are feeling suicidal or need a safe, non-judgmental place to talk. This is an onsite volunteer opportunity and those interested need to live near our call centers which are located in LA .
**Note: Volunteers must be available for all training dates and times.
Winter 2018 Training:
Orientation: Thursday, January 18th | 7:00pm - 9:00pm PST and EST
Training Dates: January 20-21st, 27th-28th (Sat/Sun) | 9:30am - 6:30pm PST and EST
Post-training: Thursday, March 1st | 7:00pm - 9:00pm PST and EST
Trevor Lifeline Shift Times (we ask that volunteers commit to two 4-hour shifts per month):
- Sunday - Tuesday | 1:45pm - 6:00pm EST (New York) / 6:30pm - 11:0pm PST (LA)
- Wednesday - Thursday | 5:45pm - 10:00pm EST (New York) / 10:30am - 3:00pm PST, 6:30pm - 11:00pm PST (LA)
- Friday - Saturday | 1:45pm - 6:00pm EST (New York) / 2:30pm - 7:00pm PST, 6:30pm - 11:00pm PST (LA)
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You are open to constantly learning.
- You are good at practicing self-care.
- You fit the profile of an ideal Lifeline volunteer:
HOW TO APPLY
**Please note: You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer. If you are under 18, please consider our Trevor Youth Ambassador Council.
For more information, visit our website on trevorproject.org or reach out to our Community Engagement Coordinator Ashley Choi at Ashley.Choi@thetrevorproject.org .
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Social Work
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40-hour on-site Training; a year-long commitment