Special Olympics NC - Local Coordinator - Granville County
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Special Olympics North Carolina is seeking a local coordinator for the Granville County area. The Coordinator will work together with our Community Resource Director and Sports team to serve the 500+ potential athletes in Granville County. The Coordinator will have the responsibility for successfully implementing Special Olympics activities within his/her assigned geographic area. We will provide ample support to get started and aid in connecting with schools and government departments.
Primary Duties of the Coordinator:
- Management of and regular communication with the local program volunteer committee
- Recruiting and training new local committee members as needed
- Facilitating regular committee and sub-committee meetings and ensuring minutes are kept and updates circulated
- Ensuring various non-sport aspects of the program are properly managed by the committee (i.e., fundraising, volunteer recruitment, etc.)
Prior experience with a nonprofit organization or sports organization and prior experience in working with a special needs population are preferred. Ability to supervise and effectively delegate to committee members and other volunteers. The ability to communicate openly and in a timely manner.
We'll work with your schedule.
107 E McClanahan StOxford, NC 27565
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 5 or more hours per month