Special Olympics NC - PR & Education Chair - Pamlico County
Special Olympics North Carolina is seeking a responsible individual to serve as Public Relations & Education Chair in Pamlico County. The Public Relations & Education Chair is responsible for developing and implementing activities, materials and media opportunities that will increase community awareness of the Special Olympics movement, and promote the capabilities of people with intellectual disabilities.
- With support from Special Olympics, you will recruit, screen and train new members of the Public Relations & Education Committee
- Ensure that an annual Public Relations and Education plan is developed, approved by the Local Program Coordinator and implemented
- Submit a final report to the local coordinator to insert into the local accreditation document
- Evaluate committee members’ service annually to determine if continued membership is recommended, and whether they should be given increased responsibility, removed from the committee or rerouted to another position
Additional potential responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with local news media outlets, working to make Special Olympics coverage as common as coverage of local high school sports.
- Attend training, competition, fundraising and social events
We'll work with your schedule.
601 Main StreetBayboro, NC 28515
- Program Management
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per month including 1 monthly meeting