Make a real difference in someone's life!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereGreater Kansas City areaKansas CIty, MO 64114
Great Lakes Caring Hospice, a leading care provided in the Midwest, is looking for compassionate volunteers willing to donate their time to provide exceptional end-of-life care to local hospice patients and their families.
Volunteers are needed to visit with patients and engage them in activities such as playing music, singing, working on a craft project, sharing special memories, or simply providing companionship through listening, talking or holding a hand. Volunteers can also provide respite care to a home patient, allowing family members to take a much needed break or run needed errands.
Other opportunities include taking photographs of patient's and family members hands together, and helping serve at tea parties at local nursing facilities. We also have a pet visiting program for those with certified pets. Our bereavement program includes volunteers to provide companionship and socialization to a family member that has recently lost a loved one.
Hours are flexible, weekdays, evenings or weekends. We ask that volunteers commit to visits at least 2 times per month.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 visits per month
- tb skin testing and provided free of charge
- We Appreciate Veterans
- Be the last good thing in a...
- Hello Harrisonville, Belton and...
- Happy Birthday to You!!!!
- Patient Visitors Needed
- Change Your Life...Become a...
- VolunTEENS Needed to Make a...
- Share your love of music with...
- Caregiver Respite Providers Needed
- Make a real difference in...
- Administrative Volunteer...
- Caring Callers - Bereavement...
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers...
- Volunteers are the Hands and...
- Holding Hands Forever
- Certified Pet Visitors Needed...
- Haircuts for Hospice Patients
- Did you know... more than 50% of...
- Life Journal for a Hospice...