Learning Exchange Programs Communications Intern
The Irish International Immigrant Center is seeking a volunteer to assist the Learning Exchange Programs department with communications, particularly in relation to the J-1 Irish Work and Travel Program (J-1IWT). IIIC sponsors this visa for Irish Citizens who are current students or recent graduates from colleges outside the U.S. to work and travel anywhere in the U.S. for up to 12 months. The program improves participants’ employability by providing them with essential skills and practical work experience through year-long work experiences in their field of study.
We would also consider volunteers who may not want to do this as part of an internship (or are not in school) but that are able to commit to the hours and duration of the position.
Role Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications Intern will be responsible for the management of all internal and external communications in the LEP programs.
This will involve:
- Writing and publishing articles in relation to the programs
- Drafting the LEP Newsletter
- Drafting articles for the IIIC Communications team for outside publications such as the Boston Business Journal
- Handling all of LEP’s social media platforms
- Marketing for the program, data entry on Salesforce (our internal database) and any other duties as required to help run the programs.
There may also be other opportunities, such as participating in multicultural/outreach events in and out of the office, and working with other programs in the LEP.
- Strong attention to detail
- Articulate and self-motivated, willingness to learn
- Strong ability to use multiple social media platforms
- Background in marketing and preferably a basic knowledge of InDesign
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- A commitment to the overall mission and values of IIIC
Time Commitment: 20 hours/week - this is an unpaid internship/volunteer role (open to having someone who can do less than 20 hours a week - please state your availability in your email)
About The Irish International Immigrant Center
Based on a twenty-eight year history of supporting Irish immigrants, the Irish International Immigrant Center (IIIC) has grown into a multi-service welcome center for immigrants from over 100 countries, helping them find their place in our multi-cultural society. Our vision is one of an integrated society, in which all people are treated with respect, dignity and are able to enjoy equal opportunities and protections. We serve the community by providing legal, employment, education, housing, and healthcare services. IIIC works in partnership with a number of public, private and third-sector organizations in the United States and in Ireland. We advocate for the rights of immigrants, and for legislative change. In keeping with the Irish spirit of giving, we believe that together, we can find opportunity for all. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply to open positions.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are currently reviewing applications and setting up interviews for this position. If interested, please apply as soon as possible. We look forward to your email!
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please see www.iiicenter.org.
The Irish International Immigrant Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Web Design
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment