Not all heroes wear capes - Volunteer as a Blood Donor Ambassador
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereSan Gabriel ValleyPomona, CA 91768
Assist Red Cross Blood Services staff at local Blood Drives all over San Gabriel Valley. We schedule through our online system, Volunteer Connection.
Registration- The Registration volunteer welcomes and thanks each arriving donor and works with the appointment schedule.
Refreshment/Recovery- The Refreshment volunteer welcome donors after they have donated blood by hosting the refreshment table and offering donors snacks and beverages as well as assisting with promotion distribution, scheduling next appointment, and encouraging donors to consider volunteering!
Time Commitment: Most blood drives are six hours long during normal business hours, weekends are limited. We ask for a commitment of at least 6 hours per month for 6 months.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have transportation as blood drives are held in different locations.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to serve as Red Cross volunteer by following the mission and fundamental principles of the organization.
Development Opportunities: Gain experience in customer service by providing assistance to our donors and helping the Nursing staff with non-medical tasks. Blood Services volunteers never handle needles or blood.
If you're interested, contact us to get started. You can also visit: volunteerconnection.redcross.org
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment of 6 hours per month for 6 months
- Reliable transportation, communicate effectively, and provide customer care