The shop at Creative Reuse is our most important program. It’s a source of both materials and inspiration for creativity. We are constantly working to make our shop a welcoming, beautiful, and vital space for artists, teachers, families, and creative folks of all kinds.
This position will handle many aspects of our online sales pilot program. In addition to posting items for sale, this intern will develop a system for corresponding with buyers and preparing items for shipment. Marketing the items and announcing our online sales to the world as well as to our community is another aspect to this internship.
The Online Sales and Marketing intern reports to the Shop Manager and interacts with all Creative Reuse team members.
- Exercise your creativity to provide a unique experience for visitors to Creative Reuse
- Develop skills in online sales, marketing, and customer relations
- Learn about nonprofit operations
- Collaborate with a creative, hard-working team
- Gain experience in retail operations
- Learn about reclaimed materials and reuse projects
- Meet local artists, educators, and nonprofit leaders
Facilitate online sales of rare, vintage, valuable, and specialty items
Correspond with customers online
Develop a system for preparing items for shipment
- Assist with keeping communal areas tidy
- Assist Shop Manager with additional office tasks as needed
Help with special projects as needed (fundraisers, events, etc.)
Scheme with the Shop Manager regarding the overall vision and awesomeness of the online sales program
Passion for the environment, creativity, and community engagement
Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and great multi-tasking abilities
Must be able to lift 50 pounds, and bend, reach, lift, and stand for extended periods
Excellent grammar, spelling, and writing abilities
Cultural competency and ability to work effectively with diverse populations
A perfect candidate for this position is:
willing to pitch in whenever and however is needed
professional but also playful
respectful of deadlines and timelines
cooperative and collaborative
a self starter who thrives on working independently
committed to finishing projects swiftly and with quality
able to maintain a sense of organizational priorities over personal priorities
unfailingly dependable and honest
able to easily produce quirky alliteration, puns, and jokes
passionate about educating others about reuse and recycling
committed to recycling, reuse, and other earth-friendly practices
passionate about learning new skills
really, really good at talking to all types of people
Go to: pccr.org/intern-with-us
We accept credit-seeking and non-credit seeking interns throughout the year. Although 120 hours is the standard commitment, we welcome longer internships and may consider shorter ones. Please get in touch with us before applying if you have any questions.
All internships are unpaid, but there are great benefits including pizza parties, shop discounts, and the opportunity to be part of something magical! We are a equal opportunity workplace, and everyone is welcome to apply.
If you have never been to Creative Reuse, we strongly encourage you to visit us before you apply. Find out more about us and our mission, shop, and creative education programs at www.pccr.org
Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse is a growing 501(c)(3) community benefit organization whose mission is to inspire creativity, conservation, and community engagement through reuse.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Graphic Design
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 120 hours but flexible based on your needs
- Artist Residency and Gallery...
- Shop Display and Merchandising...
- Bulk Materials and Warehouse...
- Program Materials Management...
- Communications Internship
- Nonprofit Administration...
- Materials Research Internship
- Program Administration Internship
- Online Sales and Marketing...
- Creative Project Kits Internship
- Creative Education Volunteer
- Teaching Artist Internship
- Donation Volunteer