Reporting to the Executive Director, the Nonprofit Administration Intern will assist with aspects of organizational administration as needed. Project areas may include communication, volunteer management systems, data analysis, technology improvement, fundraising, and community outreach.
Specific responsibilities will be dependent on the timing of the internship, current organizational priorities, and intern skills and interests. All Creative Reuse team members pitch in wherever needed to ensure the healthy functioning of our organization and to serve our shared mission. You may find yourself developing program evaluation strategy on Tuesday, vacuuming the shop floor on Wednesday, and building creative project prototypes on Thursday.
- Apply your knowledge in the service of a growing organization
- Develop skills in organization, communication, and process improvement
- Learn about nonprofit operations
- Collaborate with a playful, creative, hard-working team
- Connect with local artists, educators, and nonprofit leaders
Responsibilities May Include:
- Assist Executive Director with process improvement, communication, and best practices
- Compile research and internal information to support strategic planning process
- Assist with data management and physical filing
- Assist with development and implementation of communication strategy
- Assist with the assessment and prioritization of office technology needs
- Assist with the development of improved volunteer recruiting and management systems
- Serve as an ambassador for Creative Reuse, both in the shop and at outreach events
- Assist with financial management tasks as needed
- Assist with planning and preparation for special projects and outreach events
- Assist Executive Director with data entry and administrative tasks as needed
- Assist with keeping communal areas tidy (kitchen, bathrooms, warehouse, etc.)
- Interest in nonprofit management and communication
- Flexibility and patience with changing priorities
- Curiosity and playfulness
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with common social media platforms
- Willingness to pitch in on both complex and menial tasks as needed
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to bring own laptop preferred
- Excellent completion skills: can thoroughly finish a project and know how to wrap up all loose ends
- Willingness to learn
Please fill out the application on our website at http://pccr.org/internships/administration-and-outreach-internships/nonprofit-administration-internship/
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- flexible depending on your needs
- Artist Residency and Gallery...
- Shop Display and Merchandising...
- Bulk Materials and Warehouse...
- Program Materials Management...
- Communications Internship
- Nonprofit Administration...
- Materials Research Internship
- Program Administration Internship
- Online Sales and Marketing...
- Creative Project Kits Internship
- Creative Education Volunteer
- Teaching Artist Internship
- Donation Volunteer