Volunteers for the Annual Iowa Parkinson's Disease Conference
WhenFri Jun 15, 2018, 07:30 AM - 04:00 PM
WhereLutheran Church of Hope925 Jordan Creek PkwyWest Des Moines, IA 50266
This is a full-day conference primarily for people with Parkinson’s and their family members and caregivers. We have volunteer needs for attendee registration/check in and manning each of the breakout sessions that take place before and after lunch. In each breakout session, we have 7 talks taking place in different rooms. One volunteer will be in each room. Volunteers should be able to do a lot of walking/standing. The duties are as follows:
- Make sure microphone and equipment/chairs in room are set up
- Greet speaker with gift bag (if not already given)
- Greet attendees as they come in and give out evaluations as the come in
- Introduce speaker
- If technical difficulties occur - make sure that the church tech staff is notified
- Watch the time
- Collect evaluations at the end of the session
- Be available throughout the day to orient people at conference venue.
All volunteers will get a free T-shirt, free admission to conference and free continental breakfast/sack lunch.
A volunteer can do just one breakout session or both breakout sessions. Need approx. 10-15 volunteers for manning breakout sessions.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 2-8 hours