HOPE Clinic is looking for a volunteer translator fluent in Burmese and English to assist medical providers and other clinical staff with communicating with Burmese-speaking patients. The volunteer will work closely with doctors, nurses, and medical assistants to deliver culturally and linguistically appropriate care to patients. The volunteer will have the opportunity to contribute and learn from a rapidly growing community health center.
- Translating between medical providers in Adult, Pediatric, and OB/GYN departments and Burmese-speaking patients
- Supporting clinical staff with other translation and communication tasks as needed.
- Fluent in Burmese and English
- Friendly, courteous, and professional attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Background in the medical field is a plus
- Certification in translation is a plus, but not required
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- All volunteers must pass a background check.
- Volunteers will receive training to complete assigned projects and tasks.
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training