Serve as the Lead Event Organizer, overseeing the event from beginning to end. Organize/recruit, motivate and lead a committee of other volunteers as they recruit teams, obtain sponsorship, and plan the event details.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with Operations Chair and Staff Partner to follow all Children’s Tumor Foundation policies and procedures as well as state laws and local ordinances as well as the program standards.
- Know and be able to articulate the CTF mission, vision and messaging points.
- Recruit volunteer committee leads to manage the various aspects of the event (such as: Sponsorship, Media & Publicity, Logistics, Operations, Recruitment, Event Volunteers).
- Work with Staff Partner to schedule committee meeting dates, develop agendas and facilitate committee meetings.
- Monitor progress of committee chairs through regular communication to ensure tasks are completed.
- Enforce accountability with committee members for assigned tasks and the overall event goals.
- Adhere to pre-approved budget through work with Staff Partner.
- Assist with identification of the appropriate person to succeed you as Chair.
- Arrange for appropriate recognition of sub-committee members and event day volunteers.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous fundraising event organization is preferred but not essential.
- Organizational skills including general organizing, planning, time management, scheduling, coordinating resources and meeting deadlines.
- Comfort speaking in front of a group or potential sponsor
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability or experience overseeing the work of others.
- Spreadsheet and/or Google Drive knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Google Apps
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 15 hours per week