We are new Buddhist centre situated in Padang Serai, Kedah, Malaysia. It is one hour from Penang. We offer free education for children, and meditation and basic Buddhism for adults. Two nuns from Malaysia and Myanmar are the spiritual advisers and this centre are run by youths age between 17 to 25.
We have started one-month English course for our children and youths starting from November 25 to 24 December 2017. We are looking volunteers who can teach English and are willing to stay for one month.
In February 2018, we need few English teachers to give regular English tuition class.
In 16 to 24 March 2018, we will invite volunteers to conduct English camp.
Conditions for volunteers.
1. Preferable age is 19 to 30.
If you are over 30 plus, we might consider you too.
2. Are interested in meditation AND Buddhism.
3. WIlling to stay one month.
4. Have attended a meditation retreat before, or be able to meditate by oneself.
5. Have some English teaching experience, and is able to speak good English.
6. Love to play with children, and be able to teach youth.
7. We prefer single female, single male volunteers.
Normally we do not accept couple male-female volunteers as we have very limited room.
8. We prefer a non-smoker and non-drinking volunteers as we have children with us.
9. All volunteers must keep five main morality/precepts in our centre.
a. Do not kill or harm sentient beings.
b. Do not steal, or taking things not given.
c. No sexual activities.
d. No false speech including telling lies, slandering, harsh speech and gossiping.
e. No intoxicant such as cigarette, drugs, alcohol, wine, beer.
- Child Care
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Faith-based Leadership
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- o me month
- interested to learn Buddhism and meditation.