Join the American Cancer Society at the Wisconsin Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5k - "The Cheesiest Marathon Around!"
There are multiple volunteer opportunities available for individuals or groups for day-of and for pre-race. Volunteer/community service hours can be signed by ACS Staff. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian with them.
- Pre-Race Day Registration and Packet Pick-Up; Friday, May 4th:
- Check-in registrants and distribute race day packets. Location: Kenosha Public Museum, 5500 1st Ave., Kenosha. 262-653-4140. Volunteers are welcome for whatever time they can assist. Greatest needs are at mid-day (12:00PM - 2:00PM) and late afternoon/evening (4:00PM - 7:30PM).
- Pre-Race Day Set-Up; Friday, May 4th from 10am - 5pm
- Assist with various set-up duties, including loading trucks and set-up of some equipment at Celebration Place in downtown Kenosha. You may help for a few hours if you are not available all day. Volunteer assistance is most needed earlier in the day.
- Gear Check-Out; Saturday, May 6th from 9am - 2pm
- Gear Check-Out: Return participant's gear bags as they depart the event.
- Runner/Walker Refreshments; Saturday, May 6 from 7am-2pm Serve water, replacement drink and food items to the runners/walkers at the Finish Line.
- Finisher Awards; Saturday, May 6 from 7am-1:30pm Distribute finisher's medals to participants at finish line.
Break Down/Clean-Up; Saturday May 6th from 11:30am - 2pm Break Down/Clean-Up: Assist with the breakdown of equipment, packing of materials, and clean-up of refuse at conclusion of event.
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities, please contact Kyra.Racelis@cancer.org.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment