We need your help in the OUSD central library. Librarians from throughout the city visit this site to choose books for their own school libraries. We need volunteer support to process the books to go out to the schools.
We will teach you everything that you need to know for this opportunity, and it will make a huge difference for schools across Oakland.
Access to relevant, interesting literature is one of the best ways for students to develop their literacy ability!
The best time is Wednesdays from 10am - 1pm, but other times are available as well.
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour once a week minimum
- TB clearance
- Library Revamp!
- Help Newcomers Learn English!
- Literacy Tutors Needed - 2018!
- Administrative Support for...
- REACH Academy Library Inventory
- Health and Wellness Fair,...
- Preforming Arts Theatre Skyline...
- Calling All Interested Literacy...
- Social Media Advocate for...
- Oakland Public School Library...
- Public School Library Inventory...