Front Desk Administrative Assistant
19 people are interested
Do you enjoy helping the community receive needed resources? Come join SOS's volunteer team as a Administrative Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answer a multi-line agency phone and direct calls the the appropriate department
2. Assist walk in visitors to SOS
3. Develop a working knowledge of the various services SOS Community Services provides, as well as community partner services and referrals.
4. Perform administrative and development tasks, such as accepting and receipting donations, gift processing, making copies, database clean-up and special events
5. Assist programming staff with meeting logistics, such as arranging supplies, etc.
6. Uphold SOS Community Services confidentiality policy at all times.
7. Ability to work in a team environment.
8. Ability to speak and write in a clear, concise and effective manner.
This is a great opportunity for students as they can study during downtime.
About SOS Community Services
101 S HURON ST, YPSILANTI, MI 48197, US
SOS Community Services promotes housing stability and family self-sufficiency through collaboration, care and respect.
SOS Community Services was created in 1970 by a group of Eastern Michigan University students and faculty members. SOS originally provided peer-counseling and supportive services through a 24-hour crisis line to address drug-related issues.
In 1973, SOS founders relocated the organization to 114 N. River Street in Ypsilanti, where the majority of our services are still housed today. Since the 1980s, SOS has provided services and resources related to housing and the prevention of homelessness. Currently SOS Community Services offers shelter and rapid rehousing, children’s programs, a food pantry and other resources to prevent homelessness throughout Washtenaw County.
We'll work with your schedule.
101 S. Huron StreetYpsilanti, MI 48197
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- one 4 hour shift monthly