Marketing and Development Intern
4 people are interested
Vikara Village seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with marketing and development efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing and development while working with an up-and-coming community-based nonprofit organization. We are a small nonprofit and are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to assist our development department in content creation, individual fundraising, event/workshop training and more.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for students and recent graduates who are interested in local nonprofits, marketing, communications, and/or fundraising to learn:
- Communications and development experience
- Event-management experience
- Unique insight into organizational structure and current events and issues related to a local nonprofit organization offering alternative mental health services
- Exposure to a wide range of staff positions and opportunities within a nonprofit setting
- Assist in the development of Vikara Village’s marketing and communications strategy, including yearly calendar and marketing campaigns. This may include working closely with consultant teams and other volunteers
- Develop communication materials for donors
- Assist in development of strategic donor cultivation funnel
- Update and maintain Vikara Village’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates, Instagram posts and tweets
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletters/blasts and blog posts
- Designing flyers, graphics, and other marketing material for programs and events hosted by Vikara Village
- Update the Vikara Village website and database as needed
- Organize, plan and facilitate monthly marketing committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes
- Assist with preparation for small donor and "friend-raising" outreach events
- Reach out to community organizations, general public and donors with the message about Vikara Village’s vision to create more resilient citizens
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories, as needed
- Collaborating with staff and volunteers on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Assist with community outreach by attending events, conferences, seminars, and workshops to help build awareness of Vikara Village
- Provide general assistance as needed
To Apply: Please a send cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples to Hannah@vikaravillage.org. If applicable, please send samples of your design/graphic work.
About Vikara Village
15800 Crabbs Branch Way, Suite 300, Rockville, MD 20855, US
Vikara Village's mission is to use the communal spirit of yoga and the arts to empower individuals to reach their full potential.
Vikara Village uses the communal spirit of yoga and the arts to empower individuals to reach their full potential. Our primary focus is working with middle and high school aged youth with developing skills for:
- building positive relationships within their community
- increasing self-esteem
- increasing community involvement
Our programs, combine yoga exploration and the arts with goal-setting, self-esteem building and relaxation techniques to help youth develop more positive relationships and healthy decision-making skills.
We'll work with your schedule.
15800 Crabbs Branch WaySuite 300Rockville, MD 20855
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 17
- 10-24 hours/week, preferably once a week in office
- Working towards college degree, preferably in related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, etc.