Title: Volunteer (Special Needs After School Program)
Day(s): Monday - Friday
Ages: 4 - 14
Area: Sandy Springs, GA
Under the supervision of site director, the Volunteer is responsible for achieving the goals of the after school program through planning and implementation of activities which provide guidance, leadership, values education and enjoyment for children served in after school care. The Volunteer is directly responsible for the safety and well-being of children in his/her care.
- Be able to provide sound, caring and positive leadership for children and volunteer.
- Able to maintain a safe and fun environment for children and volunteer
- Provide, to everyone, extraordinary customer service to parent(s).
- Be able to recognize and implement safety standards in all program activities.
- Be able to participate effectively with other staff in implementing creative and fun camp activities for pre-camp.
- Communicate positively with kids, parents, volunteers and staff as required.
Ability to work actively outdoors and/or indoors while supervising children. Ability to climb, walk, run, stoop, squat or kneel. Ability to lift and carry equipment to appropriate destinations or affect the carrying of such equipment. Ability to use senses which enable safe supervision including seeing and/or hearing.
- Teach the basic skills of various programs to students in a safe and respectful manner.
- Assist in the social adjustment of a student through positive group experiences.
- Act as a positive role model while providing consistency in leadership and guidance.
- Stimulate creative growth and development.
- Responsible for safety of students at all times including enforcement of all rules and regulations.
- Arrive on time to start shift and complete shift before leaving
- Build and maintain enthusiasm in all groups.
- Checks group attendance throughout the afternoon and report absences.
- Execute lesson plans as an integral part of daily program, making changes as needed.
- Maintain all equipment used for program in good working order.
- Attend and participate in volunteer trainings and meetings.
- Facilitate proper group behavior at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Safe, quality after school program that meet Unique Individual goals and objectives of providing students with a positive growth experience. Meets the mission of Rehabilitation Ranch. Helps to provide a fun and creative experience which reflects an enjoyment and appreciation of the out of doors.
- Special Needs
- Child Care
- Program Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- It is flexible but consistency is helpful