Dallas, TX | Applications accepted until position filled
- POSITION OVERVIEW
Would you like to serve as an AmeriCorps member?
- Receive a $2,800.00 living allowance every 4 months
- Earn a $1,538.00 education award for college
- Get invaluable on-the-job professional development experience for career advancement
Workers Defense Project, in partnership with CitySquare, is seeking talented individuals for an AmeriCorps position at our Dallas office. The Education and Volunteer Coordinator position will help:
- Coordinate volunteers for Workers Defense Project
- Assist with member services for clients of Workers Defense Project
- Coordinate English and Safety classes for clients of Workers Defense Project
- SERVICE HOURS
AmeriCorps members serve an average of 32 hours per week for 4 months. We have flexible hours. A few possible options are:
Option 1Option 2Option 3Option 4
M-Th 1pm-9pm M-Th 8am-4pm M-F 3pm-9pm M-F 8am-2pm
Some combination of the above, or some additional shift that can be customized daily, including split shifts.
- PRIMARY DUTIES
Provide an overview of the duties for the AmeriCorps member, as well as a numbered list of various tasks the member will be expected to complete.
AREA 1: Volunteer Coordination
- Promote weekly and monthly volunteer opportunities at WDP via flyering, tabling, MailChimp, and social media
- Facilitate monthly volunteer orientation for new and prospective volunteers
- Assist in training new volunteers, and conduct quarterly evaluations with WDP’s volunteers and of WDP’s overall volunteer program
- Research additional best practices for volunteer promotion, coordination, and management, and make recommendations for improvement to WDP’s overall volunteer program
AREA 2: Member Support Services
- Work 1 on 1 and in small groups with members (i.e., clients) of WDP to establish individualized learning goals related to professional development, civic engagement, and/or leadership development
- Mentor WDP members to support progress towards their professional development, civic engagement, and/or leadership development goals
- Follow up with members who access WDP’s legal and educational services to evaluate their experience and make recommendations to staff for wrap around support service improvements
AREA 3: Class Coordination
- Coordinate ESL classes, know-your-rights presentations, and health / safety literacy trainings at WDP via class promotion, recruitment, registration, and evaluation
- Co-teach ESL classes and know-your-rights presentations at WDP, working with a team of part-time ESL instructors
- Assist in the development of new ESL lesson plans and know-your-rights workshop materials, including doing research to expand our library of class resource materials
- College graduate and one year in a non-profit setting as a paid employee or volunteer.
- Fluent in Spanish (strong written and verbal communication skills)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Interest in serving vulnerable populations.
- At least 18 years or older.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Ability to serve flexible hours as requested - some Saturdays and evenings.
- Access to reliable transportation to and from host site on a daily basis.
- Agree to submit to a criminal background check, as well as the National Sex Offender Registry.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people (including faith, labor, and Latina/o immigrants, among others.)
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- TO APPLY
Step 1: Download an application at www.citysquare.org/becomeamember
Step 2: Complete the application, then email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Applicants are encouraged to apply early as applications are considered on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Qualified applicants are screened and interviewed by both Workers Defense Project and CitySquare AmeriCorps.
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Download application https://www.citysquare.org/becomeamember/ and email to firstname.lastname@example.org