Individuals will assist with clerical and administrative functions in the Hospice office. The Administrative Volunteer works under the supervision of the Volunteer Coordinator/designee.
- Understanding and acceptance of the hospice philosophy of care;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, if necessary for the task at hand;
- Ability to work as a team with family members and Hospice staff;
- Successful completion of the Hospice Volunteer Training Program; and
- Up-to-date paperwork in volunteer personnel file.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May include: assisting with phone calls, filing, data entry, assisting with mailings, providing general office support, assisting with statistical data, or any other clerical support as assigned by the Hospice Volunteer Coordinator.
- Submit volunteer documentation forms to Hospice Volunteer Coordinator at least weekly.
Volunteers can give as much or as little time as their schedules allow. There is not a set number of hours required. As patient/family needs differ, so do volunteer hours. Whether you have a few minutes or several hours to give, this is a great program for you as it can be flexible. Volunteers are expected to participate in at least (12) hours of Education per year.
- Be receptive to all aspects of the hospice concept as outlined in the Curo Mission Statement.
- Complete a Volunteer Application, to include two personal or professional references.
- Complete a Certiphi application authorizing the hospice to request a background check.
- Urine drug screen required.
- Two step PPD required at time of orientation. Must receive an annual PPD test to screen for Tuberculosis, which is provided at no cost to the volunteer OR submit verification of complete PPD test within the last 12 months. If unable to take the PPD, must complete TB screening tool for symptom identification.
- Sign a consent/declination for the Hepatitis B vaccination. This vaccination (consisting of a series of 3 shots) is available at no cost to the volunteer if he/she chooses to receive it.
- Be of good physical and emotional health.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Complete Hospice Volunteer training.
- Hospice Care
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training