HRS: HR Assistant
102 people are interested
JerseySTEM is seeking a volunteer HR Assistant. Under direction of the HR Director, the HR Assistant will provide administrative support for a variety of human resources functions, including recruiting, job posting, onboarding new volunteers, maintaining the organization chart, training, employee communications and offboarding volunteers. You will support the Director and HR Managers in implementing Human Resources policies and procedures that support the goals of the organization. Depending on needs, you may be involved in handling administration for one of the functional areas, such as recruiting, or support several functional areas at the same time.
- Manage posting volunteer opportunities on various websites
- Respond to volunteer postings and forward information to hiring managers
- Administer the onboarding process/HR steps for new volunteers
- Manage the background check process for new volunteers
- Maintain organization chart so that it accurately reflects the organization membership
- Maintain Human Resources files and documents as needed
- Perform other administrative assignments as directed by the HR Director
- 2+ years of administrative experience
- Excellent written verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Well organized, with strong attention to detail
- Comfort working virtually, both independently and as a member of a remote team
- Reliable and accountable for achieving results
- Some experience and/or strong interest in Human Resources is preferred
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- virtual position - 3- 5 hrs/week flexible