Volunteer Director of Harrisburg PA Food Pantry
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
You may be eligible for these benefits:
- Free supplemental accident insurance
- Free supplemental liability insurance
- Transportation reimbursement up to $35/month
- Pick up food from food bank, grocery stores and restaurants
- Set up tables for preparing delivery cartons
- Keep track of volunteers' hours, use this data to write grants
- Complete online civil rights training,
- Complete PA background checks, child abuse check, food safety and other courses
- Chair Food Pantry Board
About RSVP of the Capital Region, Inc.
50 Utley Dr., Suite 500, Camp Hill, PA 17011, US
To create meaningful opportunities for persons over 55 years of age to remain active in the community through their volunteer service. The program improves the quality of life in the community by providing the assistance of volunteers in support of nonprofit agencies/programs across all generational lines.
RSVP of the Capital Region currently offers volunteer opportunities in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin and Perry Counties. Although we emphasize the volunteer services of seniors, 55 and older, RSVP enjoys the placement of all adult volunteers. The agency has an active volunteer pool of over 500, providing services at 100+ stations (agencies, schools, government offices). RSVP also creates and operates programs in the areas of tutoring children, mentoring children and teens, environmental monitoring and education, and computer education for seniors. Our goal is to provide volunteer opportunities throughout the senior's volunteer life, changing to meet her/his needs and interests. RSVP also provides transportation supports to assist senior volunteers in their endeavors. Our agency has provided volunteer placement services since 1972.
We'll work with your schedule.
.Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Program Management
- Bus/Van Driving
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Inventory Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 30 hours/week