Responsible for performing activities related to the food assistance programs at the farmers market such as operation of Bridge Card (SNAP) and Double Up Food Bucks. Market is Sunday's, June through October, 11 am to 4 pm.
1. Operate the SNAP/Bridge Card token exchange for Market customers/vendors including dispensing tokens to customers and redeeming tokens for vendors.
2. Explain and distribute Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB) to customers. Answer questions in relation to WIC Project Fresh program and Senior Project Fresh program at the market.
3. Be committed to the delivery of excellent service to both internal and external customers. Exhibit a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and market, particularly with customers, vendors, and volunteers/staff during peak times. (Patience, unbiased convictions and strong customer service skills are key to this position). Run batch reports as required on terminal after the market each week.
5. Perform all other duties as assigned to keep the Bridge Card (SNAP) location clean and inviting to Market shoppers and vendors. Be friendly and courteous to customers at all times.
6. Manage redemption of tokens at the end of the market day.
7. Week day after the market, Monday or Tuesday, at City Hall market office, enter all transaction information into logs and spreadsheets as well as the writing of receipts to vendors.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned to keep the Bridge Card (SNAP) location clean and inviting to Market shoppers and vendors. Be friendly and courteous to customers at all times.
Other duties may include:
- Become familiar with LPFM vendors and product availability and qualifications
- Become familiar with general market operations, local attractions and business locations to be able to answer visitor questions.
- Other duties as needed such as data entry work, book work at office, on week day.
- Data Entry
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 12 - 15 hours per week.
- Available every Sunday and four - six hours during the week.