Major Function and Purpose:
Will work with nonprofit 501(c)(3) charity to develop fundraising and resource development efforts in support of new programs and services for the Orlando Metro area and developing countries and disaster areas we operate in.
Summary: Primary responsibilities include the preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of administrative work in researching, identifying, developing, and responding to funding opportunity announcements from individuals, federal/state government agencies, from private foundations, and from corporate giving programs.
Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel), and database management skills. The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment, and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. Work is performed under broad direction of the founder and president with the majority of work performed independently.
Essential Job Functions:
* Research grant programs and plans;
* Draft funding proposals/applications;
* Write or assist in preparing proposals/applications;
* Edit draft applications for accuracy, completeness, clarity, and submittal of all required data - in accordance with grant/loan requirements;
* Provide timely advice and information on funding opportunities, requirements, and procedures; * Prepare quarterly or annual reports as required by granting agencies;
* Provide information, research, analysis, written reports, and recommendations, as needed; and * Perform other duties, as assigned.
* Knowledge of grant application process and writing of proposals;
* Knowledge of various grant programs available to municipal government;
* Excellent organization skills;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant opportunities;
* Ability to take initiative and work independently in preparing grant/loan applications;
* Ability to research available funding opportunities;
* Ability to travel (when required) for research and training, Expenses will be reimbursed;
* Ability to participate as a team player to coordinate grant projects;
* Ability to provide the necessary documentation to support grant requirements;
* Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects; and the
* Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training