Hay elves are volunteers who work as a team to pack a healthy mix of fresh hays and grasses into boxes for sale in support of San Diego House Rabbit Society (HRS). This project is a life-saver in two ways: it provides quality hay for bunnies throughout the region, and it is the single largest income source for San Diego HRS to continue its rescue and education activities. Money earned from hay sales supports our spay/neuter and medical fund.
Job assignments include boxing, taping, stacking/general helping, and transportation - getting hay bales to packing day and packed boxes to our various points of sale (truck or SUV required for transporting).
Hay packing days are on Saturday mornings from 8:30 to 11 a.m. An email is sent one to two weeks in advance to line up volunteers for each day.
Volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years of age and have reliable transportation.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Special Events Team
- Special Events Committee
- Adoption Center/Rabbit Care Teams
- Be a Hay Elf (Kearny Mesa in San...
- Bunny Store Team-Cashier
- Educational Events (San Diego...
- Drivers Needed for Rabbit Vet...
- Be a Hay Elf (North County - San...
- Bunny Store Team - Store Clerk
- Delivery of Supplies - HRS Bunny...
- Education/Community Outreach Team
- Bunny Store Team - Groomer
- Foster a Rescued Rabbit (San...
- Provide a Sanctuary Home for a...