Hay elves are dedicated volunteers who work as a team to pack a healthy mix of fresh hays into boxes for sale in support of San Diego House Rabbit Society (SDHRS).
This project is a life-saver in two ways: it provides quality hay for bunnies throughout the region, and it is one of the largest income sources for SDHRS to continue its rescue activities. Hay sales support our spay/neuter and medical fund.
Almost every weekend, somewhere in the county, you can find SDHRS hay elves knee deep in fresh hay, mixing and packing for hungry rabbits around the county.
Job assignments include boxing, taping, stacking/general helping, and transportation of packed boxes to our various points of sale (SUV or truck needed for transporting).
Hay packing is a bit of a social event, as banter about bunnies, friends and families, and current events can be heard.
Volunteers meet from 8:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. so your Saturday afternoons are left free for fun activities.
This group meets in Kearny Mesa at 4805 Mercury Street, at the northeast corner of Mercury & Ronson Road. We pack hay in the parking lot of the business complex.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Special Events Team
- Special Events Committee
- Adoption Center/Rabbit Care Teams
- Be a Hay Elf (Kearny Mesa in San...
- Bunny Store Team-Cashier
- Educational Events (San Diego...
- Drivers Needed for Rabbit Vet...
- Be a Hay Elf (North County - San...
- Bunny Store Team - Store Clerk
- Delivery of Supplies - HRS Bunny...
- Education/Community Outreach Team
- Bunny Store Team - Groomer
- Foster a Rescued Rabbit (San...
- Provide a Sanctuary Home for a...