We Make Change is a bit different from most not-for-profits - we're a community of Changemakers - people who want to use our skills to change the world.
We do this by connecting individuals with the people and charities fighting for the causes they care about. We then use our skills to volunteer, exchange ideas, and develop projects with a range of charities.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can change the world by becoming a Changemaker.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager who is passionate about changing the world.
The goal is to grow the online reach of charities and communities across all social media channels so that we can empower more people to take action. This role will involve having strategic oversight of social media channels as well as potentially being involved in the day-to-day running of each channel.
Create and execute a social media strategy that will inspire people to take action to support the causes they care about.
- Develop the tone of voice for the organisation on social media.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Create content calendars.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with other Changemakers to manage reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions.
Some professional experience working in social media or marketing is desirable.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience using social analytics tools knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude and detail oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability.
- Fluency in English.
The role will be performed remotely, so applications are welcomed from across the world.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.
- Marketing Analytics
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- The time commitment is at least 8 hours per week.
- Marketing Executive
- HR Manager
- Project Manager- Universities
- Social Media Manager
- PR Officer
- Head of Marketing
- Graphic Designer
- Head of Finance
- Project Manager- Blog
- Business Adviser
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Events Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Bid Writer
- International Ambassador