We Make Change is a bit different from most not-for-profits - we're a community of Changemakers - people who want to use our skills to change the world.
We do that by connecting individuals with the people and charities fighting for the causes they care about. We then use our skills to volunteer, exchange ideas, and develop projects with a range of charities.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can change the world by becoming a Changemaker.
We are looking for a PR Officer who will lead the development and implementation of PR strategies that will inspire people to change the world.
The goal is to increase awareness of charities and communities through the press so that we can empower more people to take action to make the change they want to see in the world.
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies and campaigns.
- Liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, regarding press activity.
- Researching, writing, and distributing press releases to targeted media.
- Collating and analysing media coverage.
- Devising and coordinating photo opportunities.
- Maintaining and updating information on the organisation's website.
- Managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Sourcing and managing speaking opportunities.
- Developing good working relationships with the media.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Drive, competence, flexibility, and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Creativity, imagination, and initiative.
- Good knowledge of current affairs.
- Experience in PR, communications, marketing, and media is desirable.
The role will be performed remotely, so applications are welcomed from across the world.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- The time commitment can be as little as 4hrs/week.
- Marketing Executive
- Chief Operating Officer
- HR Manager
- Project Manager- Universities
- Social Media Manager
- PR Officer
- Graphic Designer
- Head of Finance
- Project Manager- Blog
- Salesforce Administrator
- Bid Writer
- .NET Web Developer
- Community Manager
- Data Analyst
- Java Web Developer
- Cause Researcher
- International Ambassador