We Make Change is a bit different from most not-for-profits - we're a community of Changemakers - people who want to use our skills to change the world.
We do that by connecting individuals with the people and charities fighting for the causes they care about. We then use our skills to volunteer, exchange ideas and develop projects with a range of charities.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can change the world and by becoming a Changemaker you can help to make it happen.
We’re looking for an HR Manager to lead the development of HR functions for charities and community groups.
The role will involve developing HR policies and practices for not-for-profit organisations as well as ensuring that we develop the fun, inspiring and empowering culture that we wish to promote within organisations.
- Playing a leading role in HR functions
- Assisting in the recruitment of new employees and volunteers
- Working with other managers, improving volunteers’ experiences of working with us
- Keeping volunteer records
- Helping people get training and development
- Promoting equality, and health and safety
- Advising on matters like pay negotiations, redundancy and employment law
- Developing HR policies and procedures
- Recording and analysing confidential information
- Writing volunteer handbooks
- Dealing with volunteers at all levels
- Professional experience in an HR role is a requirement
- excellent communication skills
- management and leadership skills
- accuracy and attention to detail
The time commitment can be as little as 4 hours per week, depending on your availability.
The role will be performed remotely, so applications are welcomed from across the world.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- As little as 4 hours per week.
- Chief Operating Officer
- Marketing Executive
- Project Manager- Universities
- HR Manager
- Social Media Manager
- PR Officer
- HR Coordinator
- Scrum Master
- 2018 UK Election Candidate...
- 2018 UK Election Researcher
- Graphic Designer
- Project Manager- Blog
- Bid Writer
- .NET Web Developer
- Data Analyst
- Java Web Developer
- Cause Researcher
- International Ambassador