We Make Change is a bit different from most not-for-profits - we're a community of Changemakers - people who want to use our skills to change the world.
We do that by connecting individuals with the people and charities fighting for the causes they care about. We then use our skills to volunteer, exchange ideas and develop projects with a range of charities.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can change the world and by becoming a Changemaker you can help to make it happen.
We’re looking for an Event Manager that can develop fun, interesting and engaging events that inspire and enable people to make the change they want to see.
The goal is to grow and engage the audiences of charities and communities through events that empower more people to take action to change the world. This role will involve overseeing the planning and running of events.
- Exploring and proposing original ideas for events.
- Agreeing budgets and timescales for events.
- Researching venues, contacts and suppliers.
- Negotiating prices with suppliers and contractors.
- Booking venues, entertainment, equipment and supplies.
- Publicising the event.
- Making sure that everything runs smoothly on the day.
- Ensuring that health, safety and insurance regulations are followed.
- Managing a team of volunteers.
- Experience in organising events is desirable.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- The ability to carry out a number of tasks at the same time.
- Good communication and people skills.
- A creative approach to problem-solving.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good negotiation, sales and marketing skills.
- Budget awareness.
The time commitment can be as little as 4 hours per week or as much as you would like to offer, depending on your availability.
The majority of events will be taking place in London, so it will be necessary for applicants to be able to travel to London when required.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 4 hours per week.