We Make Change is a bit different from most not-for-profits - we're a community of Changemakers - people who want to use our skills to change the world.
We do that by connecting individuals with the people and charities fighting for the causes they care about. We then use our skills to volunteer, exchange ideas and develop projects with a range of charities.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can change the world and by becoming a Changemaker you can help to make it happen.
We’re looking for a Business Adviser to lead the development of not-for-profit organisations dedicated to changing the world.
The role will involve leading the creation of inspiring and innovative campaigns, developing organisational messaging, and carrying out a range of other marketing activities for not-for-profit organisations.
- looking at not-for-profit organisations’ ideas to see if they have potential
- Helping not-for-profit organisations to develop business plans
- Advising on sources of finance and grants
- Helping existing not-for-profit organisations with problems, like finding ways to reduce costs or improve marketing
- Referring clients to other specialists if necessary
- Networking with the business community and not-for-profit organisations
- Monitoring not-for-profits organisations’ progress
- Running advice workshops and seminars
- Experience running your own organisation, company, or department and a good track record in business management.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Clear, objective and logical thinking
- IT skills
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage several projects at once
The time commitment can be as little as 4 hours per week, depending on your availability.
The role will be performed remotely, so applications are welcomed from across the world.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.
- Resource Development / Management
- Sales Process
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 4 hours per week.
- Marketing Executive
- HR Manager
- Project Manager- Universities
- Social Media Manager
- PR Officer
- Head of Marketing
- Graphic Designer
- Head of Finance
- Project Manager- Blog
- Business Adviser
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Events Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Bid Writer
- International Ambassador