At Twin Cities Pet Rescue, our mission is to rescue abandoned, homeless, abused, neglected, and otherwise unwanted dogs, cats and small companion animals, with the ultimate goal of finding each one a stable and loving forever home. We specialize in providing care for animals with medical needs and behavioral issues and transitioning them thoughtfully and safely into adoptive homes.
Our volunteer Board of Directors is an important part of making our mission possible, directly responsible for creating and reviewing our policies, overseeing fiscal responsibility, sustainability, and fundraising, and making decisions on behalf of the organization. We are excited to have the opportunity to add individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds to our Board of Directors to strengthen our growing nonprofit!
Position : Member, Board of Directors
Purpose : The Board of Directors of Twin Cities Pet Rescue (TCPR) is a vital group of passionate individuals responsible for the governance of TCPR and, as a team, is dedicated to providing oversight of the direction and vision of the organization.
To apply, please submit your letter of interest to email@example.com with the subject: Board of Directors.
- Contribute to the betterment of the organization with individual talents, time, and/or financial investments
- Create and review TCPR strategic planning to ensure sustainability and to set attainable goals for growth
- Ensure fiscal responsibility by overseeing, participating in, and evaluating fundraising efforts, financial management, and donor recruitment and retention
- Demonstrate ability to successfully work as a team to promote the best interests of TCPR, working collectively with a sense of fun, passion, and no-drama attitude
- Learn, understand, and represent the policies, mission, and activities of TCPR
- Serve as a member on one or more of our committees and participate in committee discussions
- Work cooperatively as a part of the team of TCPR Leadership Team, volunteers, other Board members and community partners
- Advocate and represent TCPR in the community
- Support the decisions made on behalf of the Board of Directors and serve as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director
Approximately 10 hours per month devoted to the following TCPR activities:
- Attending quarterly Board of Directors meetings and committee meetings, as scheduled
- Participating in TCPR fundraisers and special events
- Preparing for Board and committee meetings in advance
- Financial Planning
- Legal (General)
- Animal Care / Handling
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours/month