Early Childhood Education Center Volunteer
9 people are interested
The Walnut Avenue Family & Women’s Center (Walnut Avenue) is a strength-based family center dedicated to addressing barriers to families thriving in Santa Cruz County. Our mission is to provide support and services so women, children and families have the opportunity and skills to thrive.
We are currently looking for ECE volunteers! Please call our front office at (831)426-3062 to sign up for a volunteer orientation if you are interested. From there, we will put you in contact with the volunteer coordinator.
Provide strength-based, child-centered support to children ages 0 to 5 years and their families.
Volunteer duties may include:
· Interacting with children on-on-one and in groups
· Supporting teachers by facilitating activities: art, books, circle time, cooking, dramatic play, manipulative, sensory and songs
· Conflict resolution and problem solving with children
· Interacting with parents to strengthen child’s support systems
· Helping with snack, lunch preparation and clean up
ECE Volunteer Shifts:
· Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30am-5:30pm
Requirements & Qualifications
· Ability to make a weekly volunteer commitment (at least one shift a week)
· Ability to make a minimum of 3 consecutive month commitment
· Completion of Walnut Avenue’s volunteer orientation
· Completion of one-on-one training with ECE Director
· fingerprinting/background check (DOJ, FBI and Child Abuse Index check)
· Cleared/Test showing volunteer is negative for tuberculosis
· Proof of full immunization
It is the policy of Walnut Avenue Family & Women’s Center to provide equal employment, volunteer opportunities and services (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices),national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves (requesting or approved for leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act or the California Family Rights Act), domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We'll work with your schedule.
303 Walnut Ave.Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Child Care
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- a once a week commitment for at least three months