Have you ever wondered how a non-profit works? Here's your opportunity to find out and to help document it for others. Our Piece of the Pie has been growing - offering more services to more young people in need! As a result of this growth, OPP needs assistance in documenting the current program and computer applications environments.
The Documentation Specialist will work closely with the Office of Research and Organizational Performance and program staff to document OPP's programs and computer applications and should:
- Be comfortable using computer applications
- Have very good written and verbal communication skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Have good Excel skills to sort and filter data
- Either be proficient in editing One Note, or be willing to develop this proficiency
- Must be able to work in Hartford during normal business hours
This is a great opportunity for anyone with an analytical and curious mind, and would be ideal for social science students and retired persons.
Our Piece of the Pie (r) (OPP (r)) is a nonprofit dedicated to helping 14 to 24 year-old urban youth become economically independent adults. OPP’s unique model is centered around the personal and consistent relationship developed between each youth and a caring, committed adult staff member which helps youth overcome barriers, access support services within the best practices of Youth Development, Academics, and Job Readiness, and to achieve the goals of high school graduation, a postsecondary credential and meaningful employment. Founded in 1975, OPP provided community- and high school-based programs to 1,700+ young people in Connecticut last year. For more information, visit www.OPP.org.
- Program Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- At least 8 hours per week