Are you kind, compassionate and looking for a satisfying opportunity?
11 people are interested
Volunteering for hospice can be a challenging and rewarding opportunity. Volunteer training teaches you how to support people with life-limiting illnesses as well as their family and friends. The experience makes you a more effective communicator. By serving people who are making choices on how to spend their last precious days of life, volunteers learn more about themselves and what really matters.
Providing quality care for those in our community who have life-limiting illnesses builds a since of belonging for all those who participate. Volunteers are special people who make a difference in lives of hospice patients and their families. They also make valuable contribution to the community and enhance their own well-being. As a hospice volunteer, you are an integral part of our interdisciplinary team approach that includes: Registered Nurses, Nursing Assistants, Social Worker, Spiritual Care, Bereavement, Music Therapy.
Some examples of volunteer tasks are:
- Provide respite & support for family & other caregivers.
- Read to patients, play games, work on puzzles, take patient for a walk, arts & crafts.
- Offer companionship to patients and their families.
- Provide bereavement support for families.
- Provide professional services (lawn services, barber/beautician, legal, accounting...)
- Assist with special events & celebrations.
- Phone calls to patients & families.
- Create cards we can deliver to patients on birthdays, holidays & others special occasions.
- Bake cookies or cupcakes for special occasions.
- Create memory books & life reviews.
- Write letters, send cards.
- Do administrative work in the hospice office.
There are many other ways to make a contribution based on your own interests and skills (music, gardening, art, sports, etc.)
After application, interview and orientation are complete, you will be matched with a patient with similar interests. If you want to help and are not ready for patient contact we have may opportunities for you here in the office as well as helping with special events.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Julie Ann Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-389-2276. We are in need of volunteers in Ada, Canyon and Elmore Counties.
Thank you for taking the time to read. Hope to hear from you soon!
About Abode Hospice
2090 S. Eagle Rd, Meridian, ID 83642, US
The mission of Abode Healthcare is to treat all those that we come in contact with (patients, caregivers, fellow employees, referral sources, vendors and payors) the way we would want to be treated.
Our team is dedicated to providing individuals what they need to ensure the best quality of life during a difficult time. We are committed to recognizing that individuals and families are the true experts in their own care.
We'll work with your schedule.
Treasure Valley AreaAda, Elmore, Canyon CountiesMeridian, ID 83642
- Special Needs
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- few hours per month to unlimited, Let's talk!
- TB test, Fingerprint background check, CPR training, All provided by Abode Hospice, minimum 18 years of age.