Harvesters BackSnack program currently serves 20,000 students each week to help ensure that these students have meals to eat over the weekend. Over 500 schools in Harvesters' 26-county region are currently participating in the BackSnack program. This year, Harvesters is seeking volunteer help to monitor these participating schools and ensure safe food handling is being practiced.
Volunteers will be assigned to a minimum of 4 schools that they will be responsible for contacting and setting up a time to visit the school and conduct the monitoring. Each monitoring visit should only last 10-15 minutes and each school only needs to be monitored one time. The schools that volunteers are assigned to can be arranged so they are in close proximity to the volunteers' home or work.
- All volunteers will receive an orientation and training to cover volunteer duties and answer any questions. This training can be done via phone-call or in person. Training will be about 20-30 minutes.
- All volunteers will be required to complete Harvesters' food safety training which can be completed online in about 1 hour.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- Volunteers must be available during day-time/school hours
- Volunteers must be able to provide their own transportation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours
- Own transportation required