Coat Check Volunteer
Coat Check Volunteers manages the coat check area in the lobby. Primary duties include:
- Receive items from guests such as coats, backpacks, umbrellas and water bottles; store all such items inside coat check area in an orderly fashion. Pass out numbered tags to ensure guests retrieve their correct items later.
- Register guests who want to use the museum’s wheelchairs and strollers. Demonstrate the correct operation of wheelchairs and strollers to guests. Safely stow wheelchairs and strollers once they are returned. Wheelchair and stroller training will be provided.
- Assisting guests with directions inside the museum
Ideal coat check volunteers are friendly, social, proactive and able to work independently. The volunteer must be comfortable with reaching, bending and lifting to 20lbs. Knowledge of the Speed’s collections, surroundings, and orientation are very helpful in this role.
- Coat Check Volunteer shifts are available monthly during Friday After Hours.
- Weekend shifts: Saturdays from 9:45am-1:45pm, and Sunday from 11:45am-3:45pm or 1:15pm - 5:15pm.
- Exceptions and special event shifts will also be posted as events are finalized.
*Special consideration will be given to volunteers working toward a complimentary Volunteer Membership. Membership privileges could be earned after 2 After Hour shifts.
Minimum age is 16.
To apply for this volunteer opportunity, please fill out the application on our website:
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Group Facilitation
- Customer Service
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 3-4hrs pers shift
- Comfortable standing, reaching, bending during 3-4 hour shifts. Lifting up to 20lbs.