3 people are interested
We have openings for 6-12 weeks volunteer opportunities in Moshi/Arusha Tanzania . We’re looking for post-graduate business students and experienced professionals who are willing to donate some of their time to contribute to the growth of the SMEs sector in Tanzania.
Enthusiasm, team spirit, interest in entrepreneurship and eagerness to become a changemaker in the local community are a given!
This is a general opportunity description. Depending on your field of expertise, personal interests and internal requirements, these are some of the tasks you could be engaged with.
- Strategy: define business models, write business plans, develop project implementation roadmaps, run market research and competitive intelligence, etc.
- Marketing & Sales : develop client acquisition strategies, determine and implement new marketing initiatives, craft pricing strategies, develop sales pitch, prepare social media content, define brand image and website design, etc.
- Finance : implement accounting systems, develop financial models, prepare for investors meeting, train on basic bookkeeping and accounting practices, etc.
- Operations : streamline workflows, implement cost reduction strategies, improve supply chain management, develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks, create operations manuals, define distribution strategies, etc.
Please note that you might be paired with some of our entrepreneurs, asked to work as an internal advisor to Anza or both depending on current needs.
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Prior Experience:
- Post-graduate degree (business, social sciences, IT and similar) and/or
- 2 + years of professional experience in a specific domain
- International experience desired
- Prior experience in dealing with clients desired
- Genuine interest in global development issues, particularly around social entrepreneurship
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Research and analytical skills
- Good time management with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Team player, positive attitude and work ethic
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations
- Fluent in English
We'll work with your schedule.
Kili HubMoshi, Kilimanjaro Tanzania
- Financial Planning
- Human Resources Strategy
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Full time up to 3 months