The Program Director works in direct coordination with the Executive Director (ED) of the Arizona Sustainability Alliance oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of programs managed by the priority leaders including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
We are specifically looking for someone to work with the following priorities: Renewable Energy, City of Tempe, and Environmental Legislation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Organize the program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
Staff the program
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all priority leaders
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
Lead the program
- Supervise priority leaders by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the projects and to solicit input to improve the organization
- Liaise with other directors to ensure the effective and efficient project delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Control the program
- Write reports on the program for the Board of Directors and for funders
- Ensure that the priorities operate within the approved budget
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with project activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the project activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the project evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the organization, as appropriate
- University degree in a related subject
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
The Program Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behaviou and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hrs a week