We are looking for a volunteer Special Events Coordinator to help our small 501(c)(3) build an ongoing community for developmental disabled adults in North San Diego County, Fallbrook and Bonsall area.
The ideal person will guide existing volunteers to plan, execute, budget and manage on-site logistics and production of all fundraising events. To date those events have included dances, auctions, luncheons and classes.
Duties would include:
- Managing activities/volunteers leading up to and following the organization’s fundraising events.
- Grow and build on existing events and identify new event opportunities.
- Supervise, plan, budget, execute and evaluate each event.
- Work in collaboration with existing board and committee members to identify, solicit and manage event sponsors and supporters.
- Manage event committees to ensure a quality volunteer experience.
- Manage solicitation lists, donors outreach and follow-up for each event.
- Manage event website, keeping information up-to-date, e-blasting when appropriate, to help encourage event attendance.
- Provide board members with detailed memos for key volunteers.
- Maintain, evaluate and make recommendations for vendor proposals.
- Lead on-site management of event logistics.
- Maintain event donor history, attendance and other event related information.
- Work with the marketing committee on the design and production of event material, including save-the-date, invitations, programs, etc.
- Determine all security needs, insurance coverage or special permits for events.
- Serve as the main contact for all special event vendors.
- Donor Management
- Customer Acquisition
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10 - 40 hours a month
- prefer local person San Diego County or Inland Empire