The position of Off-site Pick-up Volunteer will be partnered with The Habitat Store's oldest and most revered teammate, Larry. Larry is responsible for helping donors get their items into the store through our pick-up service. This is a great opportunity for someone, or even two friends interested in helping the store to increase the capacity we have to receive donations. There are few people more invested in the mission of Habitat For Humanity of Greater Charlottesville than Larry. If you are curious about the impact of our mission, and looking for a way to be involved, The Habitat Truck is a great way to get started
- Help customers bring large items from diverse settings into the store
- Work with Larry to insure quality customer service
- Because you will be entering the donor's home, it is important to be considerate of your environment.
- Reliable for scheduled shifts as pick-ups can only be made possible with a team effort.
- Ability to repeatedly move and lift 50-75lbs
- courteous and professional demeanor when assisting customers and donors
- Willingness to work with diverse partner groups
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Gain valuable work experience in the non-profit sector
- Flexible Schedule
- Store discount
- Support store staff and other volunteers
- The chance to have a positive impac right here in Charlottesville
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hours
- Habitat Store Furniture Assembly...
- Landscaping Volunteer
- Donation Pick-Up Assistant Needed
- Habitat Store Cleaning Crew
- Habitat Store Heavy Lifter
- Social Media Volunteer Needed!
- Furniture Assembly Specialist
- Habitat Store Donations...
- Donation Pickup Specialist
- Off-site Pick-up Volunteer
- Habitat Store Piano Player
- Habitat Store Department Head
- Store Cashier
- Multiple Volunteer Opportunities!