Off-Air Volunteers (15-22 years old): will learn about the behind the scenes of broadcasting. They will help in the following areas:
- Programming: The Programming Department is one of the nerve centers of SYA Media because it is in charge of determining what you watch and when. Its responsibilities include maintaining both a studio and viewing schedule, providing quality control over shows, and approving new show pitches for production.
- Operations: The Operations Department is in charge of maintaining the stations equipment, as well as training new crew members how to use it. Operations personnel are also crucial to ensuring that studio productions run smoothly.
- Marketing and Public Relations: The Marketing and Public Relations Department promotes SYA Media to attract new viewers, members, and works with outside organizations interested in the great work that happens.
- Internal Affairs: The Internal Affairs Department is responsible for overseeing all social media accounts and website content. Internal Affairs also oversees membership, including helping new members find their way.
- General: Assist with general office work (data entry, stuff envelopes, make copies, etc.)
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours a week
- Must have guardian's permission