Sandy Springs Volunteer Food Rescue Driver
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
12 people are interested
Volunteer drivers are needed to pick up donated food from a Food Donor in Sandy Springs in their personal vehicle, transport it and deliver it a nearby Partner Agency. Our Volunteer Drivers are matched with routes near them. The routes generally take 90 minutes or less from beginning to end.
Did you know?
- 40% of all food that’s produced in the U.S. every year is not consumed and is valued at $165 billion
- Nearly 1 in 5 Georgians live in a food insecure environment
With just 90 minutes of your time, you can:
- Make a meaningful difference in your community
- Help enable our partner agencies to provide nutritious food to their clients
- reduces food waste and minimize the environmental impact waste.
Our volunteers rescue food from our network of 80+ Food Donors and deliver food to 45+ of our Partner Agencies. They use their vehicle to pick up nutritious and perishable food that has been donated and drop it off to one of our agencies that needs it. Our operations runs typically in the morning hours and 7 days a week - there is plenty of opportunity to work around your busy schedule.
Come join our team! Sign up to become a volunteer by visiting our website.
We'll work with your schedule.
Roswell RoadAtlanta, GA 30328
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 90 minutes once a month