Face Off With Cancer is a Southern California non-profit organization founded by a group of amateur hockey players with the mission of supporting the local cancer community. Our mission is to provide physical, emotional and financial support to families and individuals with the goal of ensuring that no one is alone in the face-off with cancer. We accomplish this goal through hockey related tournaments, events and campaigns organized by a dedicated staff of volunteers.
We are looking for an experienced financial professional from the Ventura County area to join our organization in a volunteer capacity as our Treasurer and lead bookkeeper. Reporting to our President & CEO, the Treasurer's responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining accurate records of all financial transactions performed by the organization in a standard non-profit chart of accounts
- Working with the Director of Support Services to issue payments to and on behalf of our beneficiaries as well as accurately classifying these payments in the chart of accounts.
- Working with the Director of Development to accurately track and classify donations and sponsorship payments in the chart of accounts.
- Working with the President to generate annual financial statements for Federal and State filings (Form 990)
- Working with the Directors and President to establish a budget and forecast for the organization.
- Generating monthly reports to the Board of Directors and Executives (Statement of Financial Positionm Statement of Activity, Budget Reports, Etc.)
Training will be provided on existing bookkeeping methods and tools, however the following skills will be required for all applicants:
- Working knowledge of non-profit financials and chart of accounts
- Working knowledge of Intuit Quickbooks and/or Quickbooks Online
- Experience in reconciling business checking and savings accounts against current records.
- Familiarity with business applications such as Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-2 Hours Per Week