LifeMoves Summer Intern Program
5 people are interested
IMPORTANT : In order to complete your application to this position, you must fill out the online form posted here: https://lifemoves.org/join-the-team/internships/
Application deadline - Round 1: January 26, 2020, Round 2: March 8, 2020
LifeMoves provides interim housing and supportive services for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
LifeMoves is a nonprofit organization and is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter/housing and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. LifeMoves operates over 18 major sites from San Jose to Daly City, providing emergency, transitional, and permanent supportive housing, along with a vast array of supportive resources to help clients secure a place to call home.
LifeMoves serves thousands of homeless clients annually through its "Beyond the Bed" service model - a proven methodology that has historically delivered a 90% success rate in returning program graduates to permanent housing and self-sufficiency. Through community support - including financial contributions, in-kind donations, and volunteerism - LifeMoves empowers those in our community struggling with poverty and homelessness to gain valuable skills that lead to long term self-sufficiency.
As a LifeMoves Summer Intern, you will:
- Make a measurable difference in our work to end homelessness through hands-on, educational, and impactful internship projects.
- Join a cohort of highly-motivated students taking on a variety of challenges, from managing a summer camp, to grant writing and fundraising, to developing strategic plans for future services, and many more.
- Find a mentor in your internship supervisor, and gain immediate access to executives and vice presidents in the nonprofit sector.
- Participate in special intern social events throughout the Bay Area, including historic site visits, a Giants game, tours of Google and other Silicon Valley companies, and more!
Program Dates: June 8 - August 14, 2020
We have three main kinds of positions (listed below). All are full-time, 10-week positions. Specific responsibilities and job descriptions are available on our website: https://lifemoves.org/join-the-team/internships/
Applicants will be matched to a job based on their top preferences.
- Program Leads (10-12 interns), leading one of our Summer Adventure Program at 1 of our 4 summer program shelter sites.
- Strategic Projects Internships (10-15 interns), working at out administrative headquarters in Menlo Park in one of a wide variety of strategic positions.
- Direct Client Service Internships (4-6 interns), working directly with clients at a shelter site or in the field.
For specific positions and job descriptions , please visit our program website at https://lifemoves.org/join-the-team/internships/
All positions are unpaid, however we are able to provide proof of hours/service for any academic requirement. We strongly recommend talking to your advisor or school's public service center about funding opportunities.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About LifeMoves, Formerly InnVision Shelter Network
181 Constitution Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025, US
LifeMoves is dedicated to helping homeless families and individuals return to stable housing and self-sufficiency.
LifeMoves provides housing & services throughout San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties..
181 Constitution DriveMenlo Park, CA 94025
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Case Work / Management
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hr/week
- Driver's License Recommended