Medfest (Sports Physicals) Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where5420 W Cypress StreetTampa, FL 33607
What we do: Help us provide sports physicals to our Special Olympics athletes: children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Events occur year-round throughout the Tampa Bay area.
Who we need: Physicians, MDs, DOs, PAs, ARNPs, Nurses, and medical students, trained on-site to provide all-day screening exams.
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Florida Special Smiles
- Feeling good about helping an athlete overcome the fear of visiting the doctor
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working together with a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities
- Receive free CEU’s for hours volunteered at Games depending on your agency, school or professional organization
- Physician Assistant
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Zumba or Yoga Instructor
- Medfest (Sports Physicals)...
- Special Smiles (Dental) Volunteer
- Strong Minds (Psychology)...
- Health Promotion Volunteer
- Fit Feet (Podiatry) Volunteer
- Healthy Hearing (Audiology)...
- Opening Eyes (Optometry) Volunteer
- FUNfitness (Physical Therapy)...
- Podiatry Screenings for Special...