Help adult learners improve their chances of finding a job and breaking out of poverty!
We are looking for passionate, patient, and personable volunteers to assist staff instructors and/or other volunteer instructors in facilitating and leading workforce development classes at least once a week. Classes are from 5:30-6:30PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the Winter term, which runs from January 8 through April 12, 2018. You can choose to volunteer on one or several days.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Attend a pre-service orientation and training
- Assist students one-on-one and in groups
- Develop and facilitate lessons and activities for learners based on their needs
- Answer any student questions regarding workforce issues
- Coordinate with staff and other volunteers co-teacher on student needs
Volunteering as a co-teacher or classroom assistant is a great way to give back to your community, help adults develop new and useful skills, and have fun while doing it!
- Adult Education
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- once a week