Tasks and Responsibilities for both Short Term and Long Term Volunteers: (will vary based on time and experience):
- Our minimum requirement is 2 weeks to volunteer. If you can commit to a longer period of time, then your tasks and responsibilities will change based on your time committment. For our two week volunteers, you will serve as an assistant teacher in one of our 3 classrooms and help as an activity coordinator.
- Support our main teachers in the classrooms by providing English and Mathemathics lessons to children ages 3 - 18 years of age daily.
- Prepare and execute classroom material with leadership of main teacher daily.
- Prepare and provide English classes to either our beginner adult class or intermediate adult class daily.
- Help facilitiate and run daily activities in relation to sport/social skills and art for the children.
- Contribute ideas to evening activities.
- Help with the organisation of the warehouse when toys have to organised or are being distributed.
- Do Community Outreach when required.
If you are applying for a 2 week commitment, then you don't necessarily need teaching experience but you must have experience with kids previously. (See below)
- ESL/TEFL/CELTA qualified or teaching qualification
- Experience working with children in either summer camps or sports programs
- Experience teaching or assisting in different countries
- Experience in social work
- Experience teaching in a formal school or non-formal setting
- Minimum Committment 2 weeks.
- Backround Check Required
- Volunteer house provided @ €10 night for volunteers who commit to 2 weeks. Or free accomodations for those with teaching experience and minimum one month committment.
Please email your CV, time committment and questions to projecthope4kidsnonprofit@ gmail.com
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of two weeks