New Hope Food Pantry
DONATE TO THIS
12 people are interested
Are you looking for an ongoing volunteer opportunity to work directly with people in need of food assistance? New Hope Presbyterian Church helps feed almost 40,000 food insecure Johnson Country residents annually through their pantry. Volunteers help with managing donations, organizing the pantry, and working directly with people accessing food assistance. The following ongoing opportunities are available for people willing to commit to volunteering weekly or bi-weekly for a minimum of three consecutive months:
- Pantry Manager - This is a leadership volunteer position perfect for someone with management or supervisor experience. This position requires a minimum six month volunteer commitment as well as attendance at a monthly meeting. Shift available is: Mondays - 9AM-2PM
- Pantry Team Leader - This is a leadership volunteer position perfect for someone with management skills. This position requires a minimum six month volunteer commitment. Shifts available are: Tuesdays - 1-4PM or Wednesday - 3-6PM.
- Office Manager - This is a leadership volunteer position perfect for someone with management skills. This position requires a minimum six month volunteer commitment. Shifts available are: Mondays - 3-6PM; Tuesdays - 4-6PM; or Friday - 1-4PM or 4-6PM.
- Food Load-in - Volunteers will use carts and pallet jacks to unload donations. Shifts available are: Mondays - 9AM - Noon or Tuesdays - 9AM - Noon.
- Client Check-in - Active listening, basic computer skills, and the ability to communicate on a walkie-talkie are needed for this position. Shifts available are: Mondays - 1-3PM, Wednesdays 1-3PM, or Thursdays - 1-3PM.
- Greeter - Volunteers will listen to clients and assist new participants in completing paperwork. Shifts available are: Mondays - 3-6PM; Wednesdays - 1-3PM or 3-6PM; Thursdays - 1-3PM or 3-6PM; or Fridays - 1-4PM.
- Client Shopper - Assist clients in shopping for groceries. Shifts available are: Tuesdays - 4-6PM or Fridays 1-4PM or 4-6PM.
We'll work with your schedule.
13310 South Black BobOlathe, KS 66062
- Office Reception
- Program Management
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly or bi-weekly commitment for three months
- Volunteers ages 14-15 welcome with an adult chaperone