We are looking for an administrator, a word I am using for lack of a better one. This person would carry out the following activities on an ongoing basis:
- Have a strong knowledge of MS Office software, have a computer at home with WIFI.
- Be able to make simple but artistic flyers to announce events or make class flyers.
- Answer emails that come into our Yahoo email account that request information about our classes. Sometimes we get emails in Spanish, so a person who is fluent in Spanish would be a definite plus. We address concerns on a continuous basis to keep this email site as empty as possible. (If you don't speak Spanish fluently but have all the other skills mentioned here, please show your interest anyway.)
- Forward emails from the Yahoo email site to board directors as applicable.
- We advertise on a local site called CAERC: Capital Adult Education Regional Consortium. Schedule changes such as class times and days, for example, have to be updated on the site periodically.
- Enter student data onto our Google Docs cloud site: Attendance, general information, tuition payments, and test results. The information is provided in a folder which must be picked up at our classroom location in zip code 95820 (44th Street), entered into Google Docs, and returned a week later for filing, at which time the information for the current week is collected, and so on.
- Enter Volunteer Match searches and keep them current. Help find volunteers and work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Become a member of at least ONE committee, depending on your interests, talents, abilities, and experience.
- Help find good deals on purchases of books, banners, and other supplies as needed.
- Be a people person who gets along with others, is a great team player, and can get things done proactively. This person would make a great vice president because he/she enjoys taking on a supportive role.
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- At least four hours per week.